Friday 15 March 2013

Why Canada?
Good question, why did we choose to migrate here in Canada and not Australia or New Zealand? Well, it was our dream to see the US too and Canada is its closest neighbor up North. Actually, I see Canada as an extension of the US so I suppose that on that basis we made the best choice.

The US- Canada Welcome Arch that says "Brethren dwelling together in unity".

A bee line of cars coming from Seattle, Washington and crossing the US-Canada border towards Surrey, BC.

  My wife knows fully well that I have been dreaming of a White Christmas ever since and of all the three choices, Canada has probably the best winter

I set my camera on a tripod, put it on a timer, then RUN! You can still see my footsteps on the snow.
On December 15, 2012, that childhood dream was fulfilled when on a cold Saturday morning we experienced our first snowfall. Suddenly it's Winter Wonderland! Ha Ha Ha! Oh how we love the snow falling from the sky. It was 9:00 AM, a Saturday, therefore everybody's in their homes. It was my wife who first noticed the snowfall as she looked out from the window in the kitchen. She excitedly told me, "Dencioks, may snow, may snow!" She then went to the kids' bedroom and woke them up. "Mga bata, gising na, may snow!" Yeheey! Dream come true! So we hurriedly went out of the house and on to the street.


My 17 year old son Chiboy, ecstatic!
My 19 year old daughter Nickole.









          As you can see in the pictures, there's nobody on the street except my family. Ha Ha! First time experience. My wife said, "Hindi ba nakakahiya, tayo lang ang nasa labas." (We're the only ones out here.) I replied, "Eh bakit naman, promdi pa tayo sa snow." (This is new to us.) It brought back the child in us. The snow falling from the sky looked mysterious to me. I never had it in my whole life and I was so happy that somehow  I experienced it after 50 years of mortal existence.
With my wife Olivet. Snow experience after 50 years, wow! Sa wakas.

Our 2005 Honda Accord was all covered with snow. Parang inispray lang ano. Alam nyo yung pag magpapa-carwash ka tapos iisprayan muna ng foamy soap.
Many parts of Canada have snowfall as early as October but Vancouver received its snow on December 15. After about 3 or 4 days, it snowed again and it's  heavier than the first one. Oh how we love the snow. It's symply magical. Kulang na lang ng nata de coco, kaong, mongo, beans, gatas at asukal at puede nang mag halu-halo.

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog way back 2014 and it inspired me to pursue my dream to move permanently in Canada. And after 3 years I finally realizing my ultimate dream I'm moving to Canada mid August of this year

    ReplyDelete